Friday, June 22, 2007

July 4th - Saluting Jacquie Lawson


It seems incredible that Jacquie Lawson, who is based in England, comes up with all these wonderful patriotic cards for us! (I haven't seen anything for Britain!)

I've been a fan of hers for years, ever since her first Christmas Cottage card. (Her Christmas cards, though not religious, are sweet and reflect the English experience.)

She uses her own pets (Chudleigh and Molly), the pets of neighbors, and the surrounding homes (including her own) and countryside. There's some history of her charming and picturesque village and Chudleigh's diary included in the site. There is also a fascinating section concerning how the cards are made.

All of her Fourth of July cards have been breathtaking, and this year's is no exception. (I especially like it since I live in the Washington, DC area and go to the National Mall near the White House to see the fireworks.)

But the America the Beautiful, Liberty, and Sea to Shining Sea are spectacular.

Her first American patriotic card was poignant. It was released in 2002 to reflect the spirit after September 11th. It is called, Raise the Flag, and still brings a tear to my eye. It is suitable for Veterans Day as well as Memorial Day.

One can preview the most recent July 4th card here.

Since I am constantly on tour or business trips, I use these cards to keep up with friends, family, business associates, and clients to let them know that I'm still alive and thinking of them. People usually write back and thank me for the card, updating their personal lives. I once gleaned the list to add more recent contacts and was stopped in the street by a tour guide colleague that I had dropped from the address book. "What happened to the cards?"
"You've never replied in the three years I've been sending them."
"That doesn't mean I didn't like them; I looked forward to them!"
So David was added to the list again.

The wonderful thing about the Jacquie Lawson site is that it is spam-free. and you're not required to join to pick up a card! They are all beautiful and tasteful. (Except for the Halloween ones!)

The yearly fee for these cards is nominal ($10.00 for 1 year and $16.00 for two years), but I have sent over a thousand this year alone, so it is a great bargain! (Think of the cost of cards and postage alone!)

It's a great way to keep in touch and people love them!

And no, I don't get a commission, but why not advertise something that brings so much pleasure to people?

So put your hand on your mouse, click, and check out the site! (Be sure to pet Chudleigh and Molly for me!)

No comments: