Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thursday XIII:13 Uplifting Thomas Jefferson Quotes

Uplifting Thomas Jefferson Quotes

  1. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
  2. But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.
  3. I believe that every human mind feels pleasure in doing good to another.
  4. I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.
  5. There is not a sprig of grass that shoots uninteresting to me.
  6. There is a natural aristocracy among men. The grounds of this are virtue and talents.
  7. It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness.
  8. I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
  9. Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching.
  10. When angry, count ten before you speak; if very angry, an hundred.
  11. We never repent of having eaten too little.
  12. Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very fast.
  13. Truth is certainly a branch of morality and a very important one to society.

1 comment:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

I need to remember this one
We never repent of having eaten too little.

Great TT.