Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday XIII 071207



Thirteen Programs I Like to Include on Tour

Colonial Heights, VA -Pamplin Historical Park - Civil War Adventure Camp

Lancaster, PA - Live It Bethel - Underground Railroad Experience and Fellowship Fried Chicken Lunch

Anywhere -Dinner with a Patriot -Founding Father as Dinner Guest

Williamsburg, VA - Colonial Dance -Evening Program

Richmond, VA -St. John's Church - Reenactment of Patrick Henry's Speech

Philadelphia, PA -City Tavern Meal with Balladeer (Fraunces Tavern with Balladeer in New York is the runner-up)

Concord, MA -Orchard House - Fugitive Slave Program

Niagara Falls, NY - Maid of the Mist Boat Ride to the base of Niagara Falls

Washington DC - C&O Canal Boat Ride

Baltimore, MD - Edgar Allen Poe Program

Plymouth, MA - Pilgrim Dinner - Plimoth Plantation

Boston, MA -Old South Meeting House - Tea is Brewing Program

New York, NY -Carriage Ride Through Central Park


In another post, I challenged people to list the eight places they would like to bring their children or students to visit. I have learned about a few new ones, near and far. If you have a list, please add it to the original posting. Thank you!

My Figure It Out Friday is going to be a biweekly event since it is not part of a recognized meme. The object is to make a connected between or amongst photos to see the common link, that will somehow involve something that one can see on an educational student tour. I'm repeating this week's. You're invited to play along!

3 comments:

EHT said...

I believe I would enjoy the DC canal ride. I went to DC in the 7th grade (safety patrol). Even then I enjoyed it, but would love to go back and spend about three weeks to do everything I'd like to.

The Tour Marm said...

I've spent over twenty five years and still haven't seen everything!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

The Maid of the Mist Boat Ride to the base of Niagara Falls sounds like so much fun.

I would love to go on all the tours though.